Check out my Challenges:


My Progress: 11 of 20

My Progress: 8 of 10

1.30.2010

My Review: Somebody's Lover by Jasmine Haynes


Somebody's Lover
by Jasmine Haynes
(3-in-1 Anthology - connected stories)

Contemporary / Romance / Erotica

Publisher ~ Penguin
Copyright 2006
Pages ~ 308
ISBN ~ 0425209962

Ratings:
Storyline ~ 5 out of 5 stars
Sensuality ~ 5 out of 5 stars
Why it's sexy ~ smokin' hot sex scenes, heart-felt stories

Synopsis:

It takes a real man to love a woman right.


Meet three brothers who know how to crank up the heat in the bedroom-and the women who love them.


"Somebody's Lover" finds mother-of-two Taylor Jackson longing for the seductive touch of a good man. But when that man turns out to be her late husband's brother, can she let him into her heart?


In "Somebody's Ex," David Jackson is ready to take a walk on the wild side -- with gorgeous Randi Anderson, until he realizes she's looking for a happily ever after-and he has to think twice.


In "Somebody's Wife," Mitch Jackson is about to have his socks blown off when his wife heats things up in the bedroom. But when they find their visions of the future worlds apart, they will each question the very foundation of their marriage.

What I thought:

Jasmine Haynes is quickly becoming another of my favorite writers.  I laughed and cried my way thru Somebody's Lover...and loved every minute of it!  I love when an Anthology has connecting stories that read like one long story, and that what Jasmine has done with this book. 

We meet the Jackson's three years after the death of the oldest son/brother, Lou.  The 'theme' of these stories ends up being how Lou's death affected each one of his remaining brothers: Jace, David, and Mitch.  We also see how the parents, Arthur and Evelyn, dealt with their tragic loss.  Don't get me wrong...the whole book isn't about death and grief.  It's about how the Jackson family finally started to move on...with the help of three beautiful, sexy women.

Of the three stories, I'd have to say David and Randi's story was my favorite, though I thoroughly enjoyed them all.  The sex scenes are scorching HOT (and plentiful!) but they are tastefully woven into meaningful stories.  It irks me when there is NO story...just "wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am" sex scenes with nothing of substance to make you sit up and take notice of what's happening in the characters lives.  Ya know?

If you haven't read any of Jasmine's books, Somebody's Lover is an excellent place to start!  I've added most of her other books to my ever growing Wish List and hope to devour them all as soon as I can get my hands on them!  Enjoy!  =o)

No comments:

Post a Comment